Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Plants a poppin' through

We just got a good sprinkle of rain, there were no new plants popped up before the rain, now radishes, peas carrots and a few of the others have popped up.

I finally finished framing the greenhouse, I kinda botched the two supports for the end but it will do, I need to figure out how to properly measure and cut compound angles. Now I need to find or make some lath to screw down on top of the plastic, the wind here will rip the plastic off right quick.

A few more good dump finds, a older CRT iMac which I've been hoping for a while to find and setup for the wife to use, also a decent P4 machine and plenty of ram and hard drive space to go around.
Found a perfectly good 2 burner Coleman propane stove, just need to buy the tank connector. A sit down hand crank sharpening wheel, the frame is wobbly but my wire feed welder can fix that, and the bearings are blown out on one side but I also found a pair of sealed bearings that might do the trick. I need to go back to the dump pretty quick to check for some bathtubs to use as raised planters in the greenhouse, last time I went all of the tubs were pushed up into the high pile and I ain't riskin' life and limb for a free bathtub or such.

I started a rant about food supply in this thread, but it got a little long so it should appear above this one.

No comments: