Monday, May 26, 2008

OMFG choking at sight of flour price

We took a ride into town today to do a little of this and that, stopped at the local grocer, Lord Thunderin' Jesus help us all, $14.00 for a 10kg bag of the store brand white flour (just about 25lbs fer you 'mericans).
Probably only 1 week ago it was I believe $8 to $10 depending on brand, I thought the prices were going to climb bit by a little over the summer, but nope. We were warned it was coming, now it's here. Stocking up on tangibles doesn't seem like such a bad idea now does it?
A grain mill certainly just climbed way the heck up in my machinery to get list.

Not much new marked off of the projects list, other than a decent desktop computer. I picked up a 2ghz Athlon machine from the dump that was simply borked by viri and spyware, nothing a little linux injection won't fix. My goodness I wanted one of these machines when they first come out, they are still overkill for my day to day computing.
A few other dump finds, mower that worked first pull with fresh oil & gasoline, more bikes blah blah blah.

Got a load of peat for the garden, now I'm set to plant, and just in time from what the locals are telling me.
No work done on the greenhouse yet, still sniffing around for some free lumber, but I'll probably have to break down and buy it.

Almost forgot, for those that are stocking up on Calcium Hypochlorite pool shock for water disinfection but have yet to find info on how to use it check out the USA EPA directions http://www.epa.gov/ogwdw/faq/emerg.html

That's all for now.

No comments: