Monday, April 27, 2009

Return to the blogs O'doom

The scaly ones sure have been working overtime while I was away from here eh!

I've been away from this blog for quite awhile now for one simple reason... $
Last fall I took a job working on a drilling rig, damn hardest work I've done. The normal hitch for this rig is 2 weeks in 1 week home. Working 12 hour days 14 days in a row you can rack up some serious overtime, which is why I took the job. The sacrifice of being away so much paid off and paid ahead all of our bills, obtained 2 lower mileage reliable vehicles, bought a few bigger ticket prep items, and I'm a little leaner and meaner to boot.

Now the rig is racked back for spring breakup, basically up here they put serious weight restrictions on the back roads during spring so the big trucks don't shred the roads. So nothing moves in the oil patch during breakup. This comes just in time to get the spring yard work going, my good wife has already planted some spinach, lettuce and Swiss chard, some of the spinach has already popped up.


Well, that is all for now, my to do list is a country mile long and growing at a rate nearing MOAB.

BTW: the batch of wine last fall turned out great as usual.

No comments: