Saturday, May 9, 2009

Painful reminder

A painful lesson I learned while out in camp is to get my damn teeth fixed while I have the opportunity. A wisdom tooth that I should have had taken out of my head years ago decided to act up while I was in camp. I spent 2 weeks living on ibuprofen, and when I came back for my week at home I found that the local dentist was booked solid for the foreseeable future, so that week came and went, and so did the next two at camp till I came home and was able to get in to have it extracted.
I rarely use pain relievers so that when I do really need them, they work quite well for me and fortunately this time around it proved true.

Do I really need to iterate the implications of getting these thing done now? Not just getting it done pre-SHTF but it is also going to be costlier down the road with all this inflation that surely must be coming down the pipes. If a loaf of bread cost a wheel barrow full of cash in Wiemar Germany, imagine what it would have cost for oral surgery.

My next post will be more fun, I promise.

Till then don't let the slimey scaley ones gitcha down.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are very careful about our teeth, and for exactly the reasons you mention. Same thing with making sure we have extra pairs of glasses, and a minimum 90 day supply of our medicines.