Saturday, May 10, 2008

Ass is foot free

Nothing too fantabulous today, did a scrounge run to the dump, didn't come back with a whole lot. But I did pick up a little broken chainsaw, pulled the cord and compression felt okay.

So I brought the little sucker home, the bar was bent to a right angle, so I pull the side of the saw off to find that the two little stubs cast into the frame to align the bar, are snapped off. This isn't such a bad thing, there are a few ideas I have that I could use a little powerplant like this for.
A motor assisted bicycle, micro generator, micro welder, homebrew predator aircraft, or maybe even perhaps re-invent it as some other type of gas powered sharp thing, small chop or circ saw comes to mind.

So I futz around with it, to see if I can get a sputter out of it by dropping a little fuel down it's throat, sure enough she fires. A little more futzing around, clean the air filter, check the fuel filter, get fresh gas into it, oooh getting closer. A few tweaks on the carb and throttle set screws and yeehaw 33cc of 2 cycle fury to do my bidding. I haven't messed around with 2 cycles much so starting off with one that was this easy to get going is encouraging.

To top that off, I was able to troubleshoot the father-in-law's atv trike, blown fuse as I suspected, what a royal pain to first locate, retrieve and replace the bloody thing. Fortunately Honda had the foresight to put a spare fuse in the case, we'll have to wait and see if he picks up and replaces the spare.

I was a little sore today, but not enough to complain about anywhere else than here. Bit by a little I'll get my self to fight'n shape, but I'm a bloody long way off right now.

I'm amazed I didn't vacu-seal anything today, but I'm thinking I'll pre-stage and setup a mini production line for everything I want to re-portion. I'm gonna need a lot of table & counter space for that project.

Hmm, I still haven't come up with anything snarky to say for today, oh well.

Praise the Lord, and pass the gas powered sharp thing.

No comments: